Perhaps too late for some of you, too early for others and then unnecessary for the rest of you. But regardless, I feel obligated to cull together a Christmas list for all of you looking to better either yours or someone else’s wardrobe. Some of these products you may be already familiar with if you’ve been reading this blog for a while and other things may be new to you (and also being mentioned on the blog). So without further delay…
– J. Fitzpatrick – Shoes. Any of them would be a nice addition to any man’s wardrobe, however, I think the Magnolia, Laurelhurst and Wedgewood models are some of the most versatile.
– Sock Hop/Bresciani – Nordic boot sock ($45).
– American Trench – Trench coat ($725). As a side note, American Trench is also offering FYGblog readers a 15% discount (using the code FYGSCARF) on its cotton/wool scarf, which brings the price from $72 to around $60. The fabric is sourced from Italy and has quite a nice hand (Jacob at American Trench was nice enough to give me one). Of more interest, however, is that the scarf was made in Philadelphia. Not to mention the plaid pattern is quite nice as well.
– Molton Brown – Black Peppercorn Body Wash ($30). Is $30 absurd for soap? Yes. But that’s why you buy this as a gift, it is the good stuff. And the girls love it as well.
– Albert Thurston – Suspenders. Albert Thurston is the most well known suspender (braces) company and rightfully so. Go for ones made of non-elastic fabric and button ends.
– Kent Wang – Polo and Rugby shirts ($65-85).
– Something with or made of fur. Men need to start wearing more of it. Scarves and jacket collars are a good means to start dabbling with that soft stuff.
– Monsieur Fox – Francois cufflinks ($350). A bit of snark and a bit of sly.
– Saphir – Shoe shine kit via Hanger Project ($130-595). Shining your own shoes isn’t blue collar. It’s theraputic and fulfilling. And if your doing it yourself you might as well use the good stuff like Saphir.
– FYG – Pink and green suspenders ($80).
– Books – I am Dandy ($45.99) and The Best Dressed Man In The Room ($67.99). There are only two menswear books that came out the past year that I know of that are worthy of mention. They also would make great gifts.
If there is any type of product or brand you are curious about or think would make a good gift leave a comment.
Note: FYGblog did not receive any material compensation from any of the above mentioned brands for being placed on this list. Top image from here.